4:55 pm - Wednesday April 25, 2018

60,000 teachers yet to be registered as voters


MO,13/10/2017, MARANG: The Education Ministry has confirmed that 365,500, or 86 percent of 425,000 teachers nationwide have been registered as voters with the Election Commission (EC). Education Minister Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid said he urged the remaining 60,000 or 14 percent to enroll themselves to fulfill their responsibilities as voters in the coming general election.
He said although there were no legal actions imposed on those who did not register as voters, teachers as role models should take on the great responsibility.

“The whole community, including those living in rural areas, think that teachers are not only pillars of guidance for students, but their views are also sought by adults.

“As educators who are considered to be influential in society, all teachers are urged to register as voters to enable them to fulfill their obligations as voters,” he said.

He was speaking to reporters after officiating a programme at SMK Seri Payong here, Thursday.


Filed in: Nasional, Politik, Topik Pilihan

Tiada Komen Lagi

Tinggal Komen